In the past, unwanted document file formats originated and disappeared eventually. Numerous cloud-based document making services now have made their inception. However, all these never were able to affect the trust of the “PDF” (Portable Document Format) file format which was developed by ADOBE. PDF successfully becomes the foremost preferred document format to be utilized in business matters, which makes PDF editors essential.
Some free PDF editors are available online, where you can do some quick editing, but do keep in mind that a pdf editor which is online does not consist of complete features as PDF for Windows or OS versions. These files can be visible to the internet if make some online editing.
So, which pdf editor is the best option?
Below is a list of the 10 best free pdf editor, for different windows and MAC which are currently in existence. Some of their important features are also mentioned with their pros and cons.
This PDF software is both reader and editor and is on the top of our list software to edit pdf, for Windows. It is a word processing application as well, that can read and write the common document formats including PDFs. Completely featured with the text editing, image editing, headers & footers, tables, and contains spell checking function too, in short, it is the best software to edit pdf.
- It is totally free
- Easy to use
- It does support a few Microsoft Word features.
- It has very limited features
- Its result is not that good as compared to other top PDF editors.
This is another best pdf editor app for android, IOS, and Windows, with the powerful feature of OCR (Optical Access Recognition) function. OCR is a scanning feature that scans documents and can edit. Another feature of Phantom PDF is that it has the features of splitting and merging PDFs, sharing of PDF files through cloud, converting PDFs to different file formats, creating PDF forms that also can be signed.
- It allows a 14 days trial version.
- Working with the OCR scanned PDFs
- There is a limited feature in the trial version
- It does not have an easy interface.
3. Nitro Pro
The reason we listed Nitro in our top 10 pdf editors list is that it has many editing features that are comparable to other PDF editors. In addition, the Nitro editor can help to fill PDF files and allow to sign it. It supports all operating systems and comes in personal or business versions.
- It is user-friendly and fast
- Contains OCR for editing scanned PDFs
- It is expensive
- The trial version comes with limited features
4. PDF Buddy
You have to download and install PDF Buddy to edit PDFs but it is also available for editing online. The features it provides include normal changes in the document. You have to make a free account in PDF Buddy, to access the online editing of pdf.
- Easy file uploading and editing.
- Can complete tasks quickly
- Easy and fast to create account
- It is a free PDF editor.
- The features are limited.
- The file is uploaded online for editing which makes files insecure.
5. PDF element
PDFelement is an amazing windows pdf editor. It is a most selective alternative to free pdf editor like Acrobat. Features like annotating, converting to other file formats, editing, sign, and forms filling are part of it. In fact, this best PDF editor which gives you a complete solution to edit PDF in place of Acrobat Reader/editor.
- PDFelement and Adobe have almost the similar function.
- Free trial version for users before purchase.
- Secured documents.
- OCR technology.
- Reasonably priced when compared to other PDF editors.
- Its features are very limited in a trial or free version
It is another online free pdf editor but paid when it comes to Windows. Online PDFescape has the same common features like add text, add images and signatures.
Whereas pdf editors for windows paid version has many features which include editing images & text, merging PDFs, printing to PDF, annotation, and password protection of PDF files and many others. It has 3 types named Free, Premium and Ultimate.
- There is no lengthy installation process
- Works online through your web browser
- Includes lots of tools
- 14-day trial on windows
- Can delete and add PDF pages
- Limited PDF size and page length
- Missing many features like OCR and other which available in other top PDF editors
- The application takes up memory.
This Editor is useful once you want to markup pages or discuss PDFs, add annotations, sign PDFs, create PDFs, or export pages on PDF. However, filling of forms and conversion to PDFs or to any other format is possible only with the paid full version.
- OCR feature available
- Scan QR codes
- Numerous features need a license
- It only works with Windows.
Sejda is an online speedy PDF editor with impressive features. It provides very clear instructions on how to use pdf editor. If you need any signature, comments, and links on PDFs, create fillable PDF forms, edit the content in PDF documents from your boss or co-workers then this is very supportive and very handy.
- Can load PDF files from other websites
- Can add hyperlinks
- signature tool available
- insert blank pages
- Can remove pages
- Can use 3 files every hour
- Limited to PDFs with less than 200 sheets
- Doesn’t edit PDFs larger than 50 MB
- There is no OCR
- The interface is not user-friendly
This high-quality pdf editor has an electronic signature that is so smooth that it seems almost real. It also provides security for your files. Using cloud services, your files can be accessed from anyplace in the globe so you can edit your PDF file, change pdf to word or another format. If you want to add text or fill out PDF forms.
- Well-suited to Windows, Linux, and Mac hardware.
- It has flexible editing PDF’s and converting them to other formats.
- The simplified friendly user interface.
- It provides excellent levels of functionality and speed.
- Too many ads on the online platform.
- Takes too long for processing PDF online.
- The free version allows 2 compressions only.
10. Soda PDF
This editor is observed as the best free PDF editor. Soda PDF has 3 types version: Average, Expert, and Pro. Though this allows you to perform editing and converting tasks with their own specific advanced features.
- price is pretty less
- excellent OCR proficiencies
- protected and sign PDFs
- The higher the version higher the price.
Additional Guidelines For PDF Editors
Not all PDF editor software is equal. The free PDF editors are somewhat useful. Those who require more features then choose from the list provided above. However, before you go for a paid feature keep things in mind that “What features you want?” because paying for a feature that you will not use will be a waste of money. Practice the free trial thoroughly to make sure it is the right editor for you.