The websites we access in these modern days are not only a plain website but are complete wireframe. Now the question comes to mind what is a wireframe? A Wireframe is a blueprint of the website, where a visual guide is shown that allows us to see the framework of the website. Let us discuss the best wireframing tools and an awesome tool to create web and mobile apps wireframes in the market.
List of 10 Best Wireframe Tools for UI/UX Designers?
Here is the top 10 wireframe tools list which you can choose the one which meets your requirement.
The first option for wireframe apps is Mockplus. This app or tool has a natural vector editor, Mockplus not only has an automatic editor but its extra fast and has strong tools. It’s based on a desktop app for creating prototypes for mobile, webs, or even desktop apps. A MockPlus is a helpful tool that can turn your thinking into designs that just needs coding. However, MockPlus comes with more than hundreds of plug-in options as well, and options for coding such as code exports. Mockplus brings you approximately 200 components and a lot more than 3000 icons to prevent you from consuming time and hard work to plan and create. It has the feature to build much more environmental prototypes.
- A vast collection of components to make wireframe.
- More than 3000 icons
- Hundreds of great plug-ins
- Fast and is quick in interpreting graphics
- Offers a free version
- Allows you to create as many artboards as much as you want
- Custom component library.
- Does not provide a version for Linux
- During a group project, everyone requires the same version, if not the application can crash or bug due to instability
- Doesn’t offer good print features
- Need to have a paid subscription to export your design
2. Adobe XD
The next tool for the wireframe we have is Adobe XD. This tool’s purpose is not only for wireframing but also for designing, creating prototypes, etc. Adobe XD offers panels and features that can be used for duplication. Adobe XD provides you with tutorial videos or even word-based tutorials which can make your work many times easy. It is not only a tool for wireframe but also comes in the category of wireframe design tools.
- Simple and is easy to access
- Allows you to get in touch with other apps
- Still developing
- Matches the other adobe products
The best mockup tool is MockFlow. If you’re looking for web design wireframe tools then Mockflow is a good choice. It allows creators and designers to work and create prototypes for websites and software. It’s online software that is mostly useful for people who are in the line of work that includes building or planning designs.
- Includes all the requirement for you to plan or design your web/app
- Gives you stunning tools and presets
- Easy editing and creation.
- For it to run it requires adobe flash plugin
- It has limited animation options.
- Word color cannot be changed inside the text box
- Limited short keys are available.
Moqups is a wireframe creator which is an efficient web-based app that supports you to create and work on mockups, diagrams, and prototypes. It’s a graphic communication tool that adds whiteboard, designs, or even diagrams into an online app. Moqups is a complete package that can be useful when creating.
- Doesn’t require any plugins
- Offers a free plan
- Drag and drop facilities.
- Gives you a neat design
- Allows you to use keyboard extensions
- For educational purposes, it provides with free upgrades
- Has all the latest tools for you to work with
- Built-in template, for web design as well as for Android and iOS mobile app.
- Extensive range of fonts and popular icon sets.
- Friendly user interface.
- It doesn’t have an offline version.
- No Import option for custom icon libraries.
- Less element for a mobile app.
Canva is a virtual designing stage that permits us to create graphics for media, presentations, etc. It comes in both platforms web and mobiles and gives you a huge quantity of images, fonts, templates, and illustrations.
- Easy and understandable to use
- Astonishing templates
- Does not require a paid membership
- Easy to add your resources
- Amazing user interface
- You can produce the design and layouts in minutes with ready-made templates.
- Drag and drop function.
- • Requires internet to use that means only available online
- Alignment tools are not easy to access.
WireFram.CC is a key that lets its users create and design wireframes also export their projects to PDF/PNG files. It’s based on a platform that has the feature of adding notes and also editing operations.
- Can share via a simple URL with your team and customer.
- User-friendly interface
- Free and easy to use
- Not time-consuming to start up
- The team can access and edit the project.
- Can’t insert images.
- Offers a limited amount of tools
- No animation is available.
- Requires double the effort when showing the site drafted
- Most of the basic functionalities are not presented for web and mobile projects.
Gliffy is an absolute classical tool; you can create a diagram fast and don’t need to put in any tools on your computer to do so. It doesn’t compete with other diagramming apps as it is unique in its own way.
- Basic shapes and figures are available
- Supports many different varieties of diagrams
- Drag-and-drop options are available
- Share with anybody, on any platform, and in any location is available
- Creates a new version of the diagram every time you save
- A limited number of design icons to select from.
- Brainstorming is missing
- Does not allow you to download diagrams in different formats
- Cannot export file into HMTL or PDF.
Balsamiq is a tool for quickly creating concept sketches for user interfaces. Such as wireframes through drag and drop, accessible templates of border elements such as form fields, navigation bars, and tabs that can be arranged on the work surface and their looks can also be adjusted.
- The drag-and-drop facility is available in this tool.
- Clean and a simplified way to use interface
- Gives amazing team collaboration features
- Includes testing features
- Trial version is available for you to use
- Plenty of models of sketches and wireframe skins are available
- The large library of elements for the user interface is available
- Sharing with team and customer is very simple
- It can be exported to PDF without any difficulty
- Very limited export options to work with other popular wireframe tools.
- Some objects are not easy to edit
- Hard to resize columns
- It does not allow us to edit the predefined icons.
Justinmind is also a tool with the purpose of prototyping and designing. It offers you free UI (User Interface) kits to use and as well as free wireframing tools so you can have a clear mind about whether to buy it or not.
- Speedily design for websites and mobile apps.
- Components that can be used again
- Designs that can be adapted easily and are quick
- Offers many online tutorials for you to watch
- Hundreds of widgets for web and mobile.
- Copy & paste on the same screen do not work which can be irritating sometimes.
- Take time to learn.
This wireframe tool has developed its reputation for inspiring and supporting a whole developer community, dedicated to structure addition plugins. Sketch has unlocked a world of prospects for its users to quickly transport their designs to the next step.
- Export option to save your full designs and/or individual elements, when it is time for the hand-off.
- It is a fairly basic app. Its interface is far simpler and more spontaneous.
- Let developers and designer teams connect together
- Few bugs in the interface are being observed. For example font colors that would not change and a pause in copying simple shapes.
- Sketch does not include ready-made buttons or checkboxes.
- The Sketch tool makes teamwork a bit complicated, as there is no way to allow multiple designers to work simultaneously within a design file.
The wireframe undoubtedly is the most useful and most difficult aspect of the website or web app development. However, if made with an efficient tool can bring better end results within less time. Every idea starts with a decent wireframe, which the wireframe tools list above will help you do that.
These were the top ten best wireframe tools to design web and mobile apps and every tool has its unique qualities.
They are a visualization that points out the basic building of your website or app
Some wireframe tools that are completely free to use like Mockplus, Pencil Project, Wireframe.cc, Balsamiq, Fluid UI.
The top 10 best tools are the ones listed in the text above.
The best Wireframe tools for windows are Wireframe.cc, Adobe Xd, UXPin, Fluid UI, Balsamiq, Mockups, Axure RP, and Pidoco.