We are definite that folks who are very new into this pitch must be struggling with this wireframe tool term. Right? Just read through this article about wireframe and which is the best pick for you.
A wireframe can be thought of as a graphical representation of a building plan for each webpage of a single website or mobile app.
They are considered the most important part of the initial stage of website or mobile app development. A perfect final website can only be obtained by a perfect wireframe.
What is a wireframe tool?
The best and simple explanation of a wireframe we can generate is using the word an Architectural plan. As a necessary step, an architect creates a blueprint before building any structure. So, Architect represents as a developer, Blueprint as a Wireframe, and structure represents the website or app.
In other words, a wireframe is a graphical representation of what all is going to be presented on the website or mobile app.
Whenever a developer makes a website or an app, web design wireframe tools, perform a vital role before the development procedure. The wireframe tool makes it very simple to understand the plan and the working of the genuine site. The main characteristic of the website or web app formation is to select the top wireframe tools.
Which Wireframe tools are the best?
Here are the top 10 wireframe tools, list from which you can choose the one which meets your requirement.
If you are looking for a real quick tool than Mockplus will surely be your first choice because it is a quicker, easy and best wireframe making tool. Currently, Mockplus is used all over the world, by more than 50 recognized establishments and over 300 universities. Below are the advantages explained for which it has become the top used wireframe. Mockplus is available for windows and mac.
- Drag and drop of interface design.
- Hundreds of components available to make wireframe.
- Thousands of vector icons.
- Free project samples templates and pages.
- Team collaboration, 30 users can handle a single project together.
- Custom component library.
- Sometimes HTML Previewing can be unstable.
2. Adobe XD
The whole thing from wireframe making to easy prototyping can be materialized within Adobe XD. This wireframe tool interface has a set of onboarding lightboxes that are easily adaptable. It also helps you work together with your team to make flowcharts, site maps, storyboards, building functional prototypes and much more.
- All types of artboards
- Simple and clean interfaces
- Repeat grid feature
- No way to design customized shapes
- Getting the CSS is also not available
Mockflow is another wireframing tool eligible to be listed in the top 10. You can easily drag and drop components to create the wireframe. A wide range of built-in components is available in this tool including menus, dropdowns, and charts. It provides the option to choose an image from a set of stickers of common site elements, such as social networking and e-commerce images, or upload your image.
- Good flow of elements and templates like button, tabs, images, profiles, and graphs.
- Team collaboration.
- Easy editing and creation.
- Can export wireframe into a huge number of formats including MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and Adobe PDF.
- The wireframe is very slow.
- It has limited animation options.
- Word color cannot be changed inside the text box
- Limited short keys are available.
Additional best mockup tool that is designed to take you through the entire procedure of sketching your wireframes. It is the web-based wireframe tool that is simple, fast and smart to use. It is an animated wireframing tool that gives an excellent design.
- Drag and drop facilities.
- Built-in template, for web design as well as for Android and iOS mobile app.
- Extensive range of fonts and popular Icon sets.
- Friendly user interface.
- It doesn’t have an offline version.
- No Import option for custom icon libraries.
- Less element for a mobile app.
Canva is undoubtedly a famous web-based platform that makes it very easy to produce a web wireframe and the groundwork for a clean, elegant design. You can put together a remarkable web wireframe in very little time with tools available in Canva for rapid development. A vast collection of drag-and-drop widgets and web design tools available in Canva are easy and efficient use.
- You can produce the design and layouts in minutes.
- Drag and drop function.
- Effortlessly share your web wireframe.
- Bugs or errors on the page.
- Alignment tools not available.
Wireframe.cc is also an online free tool for wireframe. It has a simple interface to speedily draft your wireframes. This wireframe tool is for beginners which helps to digitize their paper wireframe easily. Wireframe.cc delivers 3 different patterns of design which are mobile landscape, web and vertical screen mode.
- Can share via a simple URL with your team and customer.
- User-friendly interface
- Free to use
- The team can access and edit the project.
- Cannot insert images.
- No animation is available.
- Most of the basic functionalities are not presented for web and mobile projects.
Excellent wireframe tools that not only help to create website wireframes but technical drawings, network diagrams as well. It gives you real-time editing of diagrams. For businesses this tool is easy to use which offers a basic flowchart and software solution.
- Basic shapes and figures are available
- drag-and-drop facilities are available
- Share with anybody, on any platform, and in any location is available
- Less sharing and collaboration features.
- A limited number of design icons to select from.
- Cannot export file into HMTL or PDF.
Wireframe tool Balsamiq is also eligible to be listed in the top 10 best wireframe making tool because it is a good wireframe design tool. This tool can easily be installed in Mac, Windows and can be used online as well.
- The drag-and-drop facility is available in this tool.
- Plenty of models of sketches and wireframe skins are available
- The large library of elements for the user interface is available
- Sharing with team and customer is very simple
- It can be exported to PDF without any difficulty
- Very Limited export options to work with other popular wireframe tools.
- It do not allow to edit the predefined icons.
It is a great wireframe creator tool for those who are trying to get some classy prototyping results. Justinmind is a prototyping UX tool for mobile and web. It offers proficiencies in diagramming tools like drag and drop location, re-sizing, formatting and export/import of widgets.
- Speedily design for websites and mobile apps.
- Hundreds of widgets for web and mobile.
- Display bugs in page alignment.
- Copy & paste on the same screen does not work which can be irritating sometimes.
- Take time to learn.
This wireframe tool has developed its reputation for inspiring and supporting a whole developer community, dedicated to structure addition plugins. Sketch has unlocked a world of prospects for its users to quickly transport their designs to the next step.
- Export option to save your full designs and/or individual elements, when it is time for the hand-off.
- It is a fairly basic app. Its interface is far simpler and more spontaneous.
- Let developers and designer teams connect together
- Few bugs in the interface are being observed. For example font colors that would not change and a pause in copying simple shapes.
- Sketch does not include ready-made buttons or checkboxes.
- The Sketch tool makes teamwork a bit complicated, as there is no way to allow multiple designers to work simultaneously within a design file.
The wireframe undoubtedly is the most useful and most difficult aspect of the website or web app development. However, if made with an efficient tool can bring better end results within less time. Every idea starts with a decent wireframe, which the wireframe tools list above will help you do that.